Wednesday, October 13, 2010

anyone lived in a pretty how town

the avett brothers just appeared out of nowhere [via my itune dj of course] and graced me with their breathtaking 'the ballad of love and hate'. if you haven't heard it you really should. it's this fantastic slow and chill song about the patience and care that love has versus the disregard and distance that hate has..


my favorite part about this song, besides it sound and feel, is that it reminds me of my favorite poem [that i learned from jr. english, thank you mr. broadway for getting me hooked] called 'anyone lived in a pretty how town' by e.e. cummings. well, actually it's technically unnamed because that is how e.e. rolled, but it is still a masterpiece in my opinion! i actually attribute this poem for my utter disregard of capitalization while writing. the poem "details" the lives of anyone and the love of his life noone. i couldn't even choose a favorite line because every time i read it there is something new and refreshing that pops out and says pick me! let's hope that itunes genius can now create me the perfect anyone lived in a pretty how town playlist...
sun moon stars rain

No comments:

Post a Comment